The development of RideSmart has focused on identifying the information and skills needed to understand and implement rider development in a more effective way. The result of this work is CoachSmart, a journey of development for an equestrian coach designed to complement traditional training methods and challenge coaches to constantly strive for better.
The one-day course covers the following topics as a basic overview with practical applications:
- Why CoachSmart is different to other coaching courses.
- The physical and mental characteristics of riding.
- What makes the elite rider good.
- Safety, Confidence and Performance – for the wider riding public.
- The basis RideSmart system – observation and diagnosis.
- On and off the horse application.
As a basis for coaching equestrians, this course provides a valuable insight into methods based on elite research and development and explains many traditional theories, leaving attendees with a fresh understanding and approach. You will receive a certificate of attendance and are welcome to apply for the Coach Training Programme – Accredited Level. No prior coaching experience is required.
Cost: £90.00 per person
Date: 29th July 2016
Venue: Solihull Riding Club, Four Ashes Road, Bentley Heath, Solihull B93 8QE